Saturday, April 12, 2008

Musings: In Pursuit of the Extraordinary

The pursuit of excellence leads us to a revolving door; the entrance is marked “commitment;” the exit “sacrifice.” Commitment is the intellectual assent of the will; sacrifice merely confirms commitment’s existence. Although commitment and sacrifice go hand in hand, commitment is always the prime mover. Be committed, make the appropriate sacrifices, and you will achieve the extraordinary! [I recorded these thoughts while reading Bruce Wilkinson's book, "The Dream Giver."]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I received that book as a gift for my Master's graduation. I like your take, I find it to be true to life.

Dwight Goodwin said...

Thanks Sheri! I found the parable portion of the book to be so thought provoking, not just for its spiritual applications, but primarily in the context of embarking on any new venture in life. As Wilkinson suggests, your dream eventually expands and you have to be ready to leave Familiar all over again. The steps you have taken in the last year or so are proof positive that this is the case. I appreciate you following your passion and setting such a great example of commitment and sacrifice. I aspire to have your courage!